Mothers and Daughters

     The Goddess Shoppe was born from my Mother,  whose own Mother helped make it a reality, whose Mother before her had as well.  A long line of women making dreams come true.  I am proud to be of this lineage.  I am Daughter of Ginger, Daughter of Carole, Daughter of Alice, Daughter of Maude...I should learn the names of those before her as well.
      I am priveleged to be born in a time where women are honored, adored and  celebrated, or can at least honor, celebrate and adore themselves shamelessly!  The Goddesses of today know that they can accomplish their dreams, and run toward their desires with joy and ferver.  My mother is nurturing her own visions and dreams, and fueling mine with her strength. I am so grateful. 
     We have found a new connection in this Adventure,  we are dancing a new dance together.  Some Mothers that I have met this past week have expressed their desire to share Goddess Bellydance with their daughters...I love this! It was always my intention to help weave the web of women's community...I have a pair of sisters in my Saturday Session who have a new way to connect with each other, to enjoy each other through movement, it is an honor to be with them.  Two years ago, on a bellydance retreat in Hawaii, another set of sisters attended with their Mother.  All of them had an opportunity to teach us as a group, the sisters each proud of each other and supportive, the Mother, enjoying being taught by the daughters...Then The Mother teaches, partly in her native tongue, the sisters beaming with pride as their fiery Mama leads the room into a circle, shimmying, sweating and smiling..Tears in each of their eyes.
Awesome Power.  Mothers and daughters have an opportunity to span generations when sharing an activity like this..A new vocabulary that teaches us about the Sacredness of woman.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Blog- "The Goddess Within" by Sister Goddess Rita

The Goddess Newsletter

An Exercise in Surrender