Even Wonder Woman Needs a Break

                                      Wanderlust was reaching up into my heart and pulling it's strings..

                    My Husband felt it too.

someone needs a massage
We took the kids out in our motorcycle/sidecar rig and headed out.
I got tense and scrunched up in the shoulders just thinking about this trip..

Then I saw a license plate, that said "CHILHNY3"
Now I'm not sure what that really meant but I saw
"Chiiillllll Honey with those 3 Kids"
The next hour into the ride I saw "INTHFLW"
Awesome.




Ferry Ride was fun for the little guys as we headed to CT:

Chasing my 2 year old up and down the stairs of the ship...

So much snacking, that no one was hungry when we finally got to a restaurant..

All the kids got the sillies at the table and a drink landed right in my lap.

Indoor pool late at night then off to bed.

I knew  I was off my game. 


But maybe this hotel was a bit too "stuffy" for our boys..pursed lips on strangers were everywhere...
My sweet guy didn't even bat an eye when I told him I wanted to go home.


We returned home and I was in a funk.

In the morning I went out to my garden..
the lavender was beckoning.
Usually my roses are winking at me
to come fill my face with their scent..

But the lavender spoke to me..come closer..



A nose full of this familiar scent, and a short rest among the bees, and I had an idea.

"Lets take the truck and Go to Hershey Park."

Off we went.

Rolling Hills, cows on the countryside...Crackerbarrel Rockingchairs... It was a fun journey..The Hotel had lots of noisy kids having fun..No pursed lips anywhere.
       
  







 I guess i'm that girl who wants a rollercoaster to shake me up once in a while..and....I love watching my man eat ice cream, hearing my kids laughing, carnie food, and chocolate.

I got on the 'WildCat' with my 9 year old son..
It was his first 'real coaster', and I was so excited to be on it with him.
We got in the very first car.
He screamed at the second descent, "I feel SO Aliiive!"
I cracked up laughing so hard until I felt alive again too.

Fresh perspectives rock.
What do you do to shift your perspective when you're off your game?
**********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Blog- "The Goddess Within" by Sister Goddess Rita

The Goddess Newsletter

An Exercise in Surrender