Guest Blog- "The Goddess Within" by Sister Goddess Rita

Hello All! Here is a post by our Lovely Rita...
       This past spring, I took an amazing class
called  “The Goddess Experience”. At the start of the class our instructor held a Quartz Crystal in her hand & introduced herself as Goddess Jess. She shared with us that we were going to have the opportunity to boast, share what we were grateful for, as well as any desires we have. She then told us that we were to introduce ourselves as “Goddess ____.” This in and of itself made me giggle, never mind actually SAYING I was a Goddess. How could I say I was a Goddess? How could I BE a Goddess?? That first time introducing myself as a Goddess (which was extremely difficult) was just a brief encounter of The Goddess Within…
However, months later, after continually introducing myself as a Goddess…Today, I AM a GODDESS!!!
     There are plenty of times, whether it’s when I first wake up & think to myself “Oh it’s going to be one of ‘those’ days” or when I spill my tea and think “Oh here we go” any time I’m not feeling very “Goddess-like.” However, it’s about that deep breath I take, when that inner voice has a chance to say (& be heard!) “I am a goddess" Even that simple (yet at times a challenge to find) thought is enough to bring up my vibration. At that moment, I repeat the mantra (of the moment) "I Am a Goddess." I repeat it as often as needed for my belief to follow suit "I AM a GODDESS!"
     With that, I am once again able to have faith in myself. I find that Goddess light on the inside, my shoulders lift and my head raises. I make eye contact with myself in the mirror as my eyes light up to meet the joy in my heart. With my head held high as I walk, my confidence radiates to the world around me.
     We each have our own tools in order to discover our own Inner Goddess or God (no I didn't forget about you guys). There are other days in which I feel like I need to change my mantra or do something in addition to it or just something altogether different. I now have Goddess statues alters placed throughout my house as reminders to help me connect. The process of putting on make-up allows me to find my Goddess within. Going for a walk out in nature, in the woods, mountains or the beach helps to connect with Mother Goddess. Sometimes listening to and, or singing inspirational music (whatever is inspirational & positive at the moment) helps. Other times, I need to start dancing and release my Inner Goddess. Which was what I did tonight when I went to "The Goddess Experience" class. It was rejuvenating to move my body in a way that made me feel Completely Alive & Be At One with The Goddess Within~The Ultimate Goal!! ;)

Thank you Rita for sharing with us! Connect with Rita and her new blog here
  

Comments

  1. Thank you so much Goddess Jess for posting my link. More importantly, my eternal gratitude for helping me to find "the Goddess Within." I'm looking forward to the next session!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita, You are a peach for sharing your story. Thank you for sharing your fantastic Mantra, as a powerful practice. Namaste!jess www.longislandgoddess.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Goddess Newsletter

Full Moon in Pisces/ Autumn Equinox