Intensified Organizing for the New Year

There's something about New Year's Day that makes me want to reinvent my life..
I know I can be so much better, so much more than I already am. January 1st seems as good a day as any to just decide to change something. 
I got the whole family out this morning before dawn to get down to the beach to watch the first sunrise of the year.  I asked everyone in the car what their goals for the year were. Some of their goals were really great, and they have the rest of the day to add to them, we'll all check back in on this over our family dinner.
My resolution is simple, get organized!!!!
     I know that I also need to hold these little munchkins accountable for their belongings..
This would account for 50% of my organizing goals, I'm sure. 
"Action Figures" Edith Vonnegut

The rest will be divided into time management and actual organizational tricks. 
     I cleaned out my Handbag yesterday, after a Saturday Session Goddess reminded me to cash her check.  I found it, mixed with receipts from holiday shopping. 
Did I need 6 lipsticks in there?
It was time to get organized.
A simple envelope for receipts. 
I bought a bill holder, with the date on each slot, to remind me to pay my bills.
(I'm so old fashioned about writing checks and mailing payments.)
     Now I'm going through my closets, and dressers, weeding items that no longer suit me and my lifestyle.  I'll be bringing some of them to The Clothing Swap at The Goddess Shoppe on the 15th.  Packing away the Summer clothes, making even more room in my drawers. 
Speaking of drawers, time to get rid of some old underthings.. faded favorites, elastic disasters, uncomfortable undies. 
I know you know what I mean!
 I'm making cute sachets out of some of them, so simple and cute. 
I'll be at Victorias Secret for their semi-annual sale this week, getting into some new panties. 
      I've come up with some attractive recycling bins, shopping bags, and containers..and filling them with lots of old paperwork, last year's astrology books, old files, kids artwork (gasp!), magazines, catalogs..I didn't realize I was holding on to so much! Out! Out!

If any of you organizing goddesses have ideas, I'd love to post them , please share them freely!...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Blog- "The Goddess Within" by Sister Goddess Rita

The Goddess Newsletter

An Exercise in Surrender