Beltaine Gardening..It's just a Spring Clean for the May Queen..

Ohhhh yesss.. Hands in the dirt. Finally getting in the front garden bed for a spring weeding session.
Reaching around a small shrub, I found myself face to face with the sweetest smelling lily-of-the-valleys..
I plucked one, and tucked  it behind my ear..
and crowned myself the May Queen.
The smell from that tiny frond of flowers was absolutely intoxicating.
Causing me to swoon a bit. 
I rolled up my short sleeves to expose my lily-white shoulders to the warm rays. Reveling in the way my hair absorbs the heat and light, from our yellow star, I closed my eyes...
I went back to being the reaper with my tools, deciding which plants stay and which ones go...Plucked a few for lunch, though..Violet flowers and leaves, Dandy-Lion Flowers and Greens and others too...taking this Blessed May Day right inside my body, Yummy.


Comments

  1. Later Me and the Man walked holding hands, looking around the yard, what we accomplished together..It's late and The kids are still winding down from all the outside work..Looks like no bonfire tonight. Wah.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Blog- "The Goddess Within" by Sister Goddess Rita

The Goddess Newsletter

An Exercise in Surrender